In 1973 this home was masterfully built and has stood the test of time. 45 years later this home is as solid today as it was when it was first built.
Here is the perfect family home located in Highton 3216, one of Geelong's most sought after suburbs to make your own.
If you're looking for the best value for money home, you can't go past this property and here's why.
1. If you're looking to buy 685m2 of land in old Highton, best of luck because you wont find any unless you buy an old house and knock it down.
2. If you could find a block of this size, you'll be paying upwards of $500,000 to 550,000.
3. Then to cut out this site and build a 2-storey home of this size will set you back about $400,000.
4. Now the pool, well to install a 10m x 5m solar heated pool you best allow another $75,000-$100,000. Then you've got extensive brick retaining walls and paving and fully landscaped setting you back another $75,000.
So, to replace what’s here will cost you $1.075 million. WOW, I hear you say! This is how it is...
Therefore, at the asking price, you're buying this property at arguably $350,000 under what it would cost you to replace it today.
What's great about this home is you could do virtually nothing to it and it will proudly outlast another 50-100 years as is, so you can expect it to out live you!
Did we mention views?
Well not only is this a great buy but the block is elevated with clear views to Geelong City, Skilled stadium and St Mary's church as soon as you arrive at the front door.
The home comprises 4 bedrooms, 3 of which are upstairs, including the north facing master bedroom with built in robes and ensuite, 2 further bedrooms include built in robes and study desks.
The main bathroom is well positioned to service the upstairs bedrooms and completely updated with a new tiling, shower and vanity.
The kitchen and dining is central located in the home and comprises ample base cupboards and overhead storage, a separate pantry and modern appliances.
Leading from the dining room and adjoining the pool is approximately 45m2 of undercover BBQ alfresco area for all year-round entertainment.
At ground level there is a large double garage with remote access, as well as a huge 3rd living area / 4th bedroom / teenagers retreat. This area is certainly large enough to be transformed into a self-contained unit.
Some other features are,
- Gas ducted heating
- Solar panels
- Rainwater tank (2,300lt) with pump for the garden and pool
- 2 wall air conditioning units
Don't miss this opportunity to secure a fabulous property that is perfectly located to take advantage of Deakin University Waurn Ponds, Christian College private school, Epworth Hospital, Highton village, Porter Avenue Shops, Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre, the Geelong Ring Road and Geelong’s finest primary schools.